General Terms and Conditions of Use of the Marketplace for Buyers and Sellers
“Work-Rite Unified Services Ltd” is the trading name for Work-Rite (“Work-Rite” or “we”) operates an e-commerce platform consisting of a website and mobile application (“Web App”) together with supporting IT logistics and payment infrastructure for the sale and purchase of consumer products and services (“products”) in its allocated territory.
These general terms and conditions shall apply to buyers and sellers on the Web App and shall govern your use of the Web App and related services.
By using our Web App you accept these general terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these general terms and conditions or any part of these general terms and conditions you must not use our Web App.
If you use our marketplace in the course of a business or other organizational project then by so doing you:
- Confirm that you have obtained the necessary authority to agree to these general terms and conditions;
- bind both yourself and the person company or other legal entity that operates that business or organizational project to these general terms and conditions; and
- agree that you in these general terms and conditions shall reference both the individual user and the relevant person company or legal entity unless the context requires otherwise.
Registration and account
You may not register with our marketplace if you are under 18 years of age (by using our marketplace or agreeing to these general terms and conditions you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age).
If you register for an account with our Web App you will be asked to provide an email address/user ID and password and you agree to:
- keep your password confidential;
- Notify us in writing immediately (using our contact details provided on the contact us page) if you become aware of any disclosure of your password; and
- be responsible for any activity on our marketplace arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and you may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- Your account shall be used exclusively by you and you shall not transfer your account to any third party. If you authorize any third party to manage your account on your behalf this shall be at your own risk.
- We may suspend or cancel your account and/or edit your account details at any time in our sole discretion and without notice or explanation providing that if we cancel any products or services you have paid for but not received and you have not breached these general terms and conditions we will refund you in respect of the same.
- You may cancel your account on our Web App by contacting us
Terms and conditions of sale
You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Web App provides an online location for sellers to sell and buyers to purchase products;
- we shall accept binding sales on behalf of sellers but (unless Work-Rite is indicated as the seller) Work-Rite is not a party to the transaction between the seller and the buyer; and
- a contract for the sale and purchase of a product or products will come into force between the buyer and seller and accordingly you commit to buying or selling the relevant product or products upon the buyer’s confirmation of the purchase via the Web App.
- Subject to these general terms and conditions the seller’s terms of business shall govern the contract for sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller. Notwithstanding this the following provisions will be incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
- the price for a product will be as stated in the relevant product listing;
- the price for the product must include all taxes and comply with applicable laws in force from time to time;
- delivery charges packaging charges handling charges administrative charges insurance costs other ancillary costs and charges where applicable will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the product listing, and delivery of digital products may be made electronically;
- products must be of the satisfactory quality fit and safe for any purpose specified in and conform in all material respects to the product listing and any other description of the products supplied or made available by the seller to the buyer; and
- in respect of physical products sold the seller warrants that the seller has good title to and is the sole legal and beneficial owner of the products and/or has the right to supply the products pursuant to this agreement and that the products are not subject to any third party rights or restrictions including in respect of third party intellectual property rights and/or any criminal insolvency or tax investigation or proceedings and in respect of digital products the seller warrants that the seller has the right to supply the digital products to the buyer.
Returns and refunds
Returns of products by buyers and acceptance of returned products by sellers shall be managed by us in accordance with the returns page on the Web App and may be amended from time to time. Acceptance of returns shall be at our discretion subject to compliance with applicable laws of the territory.
Refunds in respect of returned products shall be managed in accordance with the refunds page on the Web App as may be amended from time to time. Our rules on refunds shall be exercised at our discretion subject to applicable laws of the territory. We may offer refunds at our discretion:
- in respect of the product price;
- local and/or international shipping fees (as stated on the refunds page); and
- by way of store credit vouchers, mobile money transfers bank transfers or such other methods as we may determine from time to time.
- Returned products shall be accepted and refunds issued by Work-Rite acting for and on behalf of the seller. Notwithstanding paragraphs 4.1 and 4.2 above in respect of digital products or services Work-Rite shall issue refunds in respect of failures in delivery only. Refunds of payment for such products for any other reasons shall be subject to the seller’s terms and conditions of sale.
- Changes to our returns page or refunds page shall be effective in respect of all purchases made from the date of publication of the change on our website.
You must make payments due under these general terms and conditions in accordance with the Payments Information and Guidelines on the Web App.